We’re looking for writers who have experience writing non-beginner, advanced level content, on any topic (because this raw talent and experience is more important for us than domain expertise, which can be picked up quickly).
– You must have something we call “clarity of thought,” i.e., understand the key points of a post and how to convey them without fluff.
– You must be able to respond intelligently to editing and feedback. We always provide constructive criticism and expect to work with you to make the post as strong as it can be.
– You must be empathetic and know what matters to the audience for each piece.
– You must be responsive (we don’t assign pieces or deadlines without checking with you and usually have at least two weeks built in for back-and-forth on each piece).
– You must be willing and eager to learn. We’ve created a number of educational resources to help you understand exactly what we do and what we want from you.
– Must have experience/portfolio showing prior experience on these types of articles. If you don’t, we won’t have a good way to judge you.
– We’ve found that the most successful writers have an eagerness to continually improve and get better at their craft.